Goals and objectives with the Friendship School Program
- The aim is to create a positive image of children from different languages and cultures
- Get the kids excited and motivated to learn English and other languages
- Increase children’s linguistic and cultural understanding, support cultural education, and reduce prejudice
- Children are encouraged to perform with ‘Show and Tell’ performances
- Kids make new international friends to keep in touch with
- Once a month Friendship meeting with the partner school that you are matched with for the time period agreed on (school year)
- Time table is agreed on with both sides, fixed day and time each month
- Each meeting lasts 30-45 minutes
- For the monthly friendship meetings each partner school prepares a short presentation of the monthly topic from the Language Clubhouse Yearly program according to the plan
Learning English takes place in a playful way. Our teaching methods are versatile and based on Early Childhood Education principles and Finnish National curriculum. Our educational program is certified by Education Alliance Finland for high quality pedagogical education in June 2020. https://educationalliancefinland.com/products/language-clubhouse
Our English club teachers use the Language clubhouse English for young learners’ educational program, and have experience teaching English as a foreign language to young learners in Finland and abroad. The Language Clubhouse program and learning materials are used in the club and a new topic is covered each month.
Our program is used in preschools and kindergartens in Finland and internationally.
A learning community-
Language learning develops in a safe and secure environment and the most important role in the development of language is played by safe interpersonal relationships with loved ones, in which the child can express himself or herself in a varied and free manner. Our clubs support the development of cognitive, language, gross motor, fine motor and social skills. Social emotional development is crucial in early childhood that is why we pay attention to this area in our group classes. The children in the clubs get familiar with the other club members and the teacher and gain new relationships and friendships in a safe environment. We strive to create a positive group spirit and the atmosphere is a warm and inviting one for all. We also do close cooperation with the children’s families and support them in their children’s development.
Teachers give monthly reports to children and parents on their learning. Parents can connect with teachers and email questions they have. We answer our emails within 24 hours. Also we provide webinars for parents every so often, and may hold live question and answer sessions.
“My daughter came home from club everytime with a big smile on her face and feels happy she is learning. This is a good start to English language learning.”
“Nice club exercises, play and games, etc. suitable for the age level of the kids.”
“After clubs my son asks what everything is in English, he is motivated to learn because of the clubs.”